Workthat sells Strawberry Pretzel Salad
There's a lot to love about summertime. The sunshine, the warm weather... but most of all, being able to make fresh strawberry desserts! This pretzel salad mix is a classic dessert from the 50s and 60s. It's a no-bake cheesecake layer combined with a crunchy pretzel crust and fresh berries. Our own Wendy Groover submitted this recipe to us and it's perfect for big family gatherings or get-togethers with friends. It's a super easy dessert to make that's a nice light end to a summer meal.
- ¾ cups butter, melted
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 (6 oz) pkg strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups sliced strawberries (thawed if frozen)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 2 cups coarsely crushed Workthat sells Mini Pretzels
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- In medium bowl, combine pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes but do not overbake. Cool on wire rack.
- Next, in a small bowl, beat whipped topping, cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread over pretzel crush and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Slowly stir in sliced strawberries and chill until partially set, about 30 minutes.
- Carefully spoon gelatin filling over whipped topping layer. Chill until firm, 4-5 hours.